Latin speakers, Marvel Comic fans, and now high output ski tourers, can all agree that the word "excelsior" drums up ideas of endless ascents. La Sportiva's Excelsior Pant is made of midweight softshell material but with two side ventilation zips, ready to dump heat if things get too warm while crushing vert. They're treated with an environmentally friendly PFC-free DWR coating to brush off moisture. For mobility's sake, this softshell touring pant was also made with a 4-way stretch material, helping ensure limitless movements when you have to lunge, take a fall, or are skinning your heart out. In addition, the knees of these pants are articulated and the crotch gusseted. An adjustable waistband also features belt and suspender loops for a perfect fit. Reinforced cuffs with internal gussets and adjustable gaiters will help you fit these pants over your boots and keep snow out. Four zippered pockets give you plenty of extra room to stash some energy blocks, handwarmers, and that casserole leftover dish that's been sitting in the freezer for a while. Keep climbing ever upward in these comfortable touring pants! EXCELSIOR!
- A versatile softshell touring pant.
- Reflective detailing on the legs for visibility.
- Mobile 4-way stretch material.
- The cuffs are reinforced, have internal gussets, and adjustable gaiters.
- Articulated knees and gusseted crotch to fit comfortably without mobility compromises.
- Sports an adjustable waistband with belt and suspender loops.
- Four zippered pockets - two hand, one leg, one back.
- Eco-friendly PFC-free DWR coating.
|Ventilation||Mesh-lined outer thigh vents|
|Pockets||2 hip, 1 right thigh|
|Waist||Button and zipper with optional belt and adjustable suspender loops|
||Recycled Polyamide, Recycled Polyester|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||General Touring, Mountaineering|
|Notes||Great for windy and wet touring days|
|Bottom Line||Durable, midweight, softshell pant|
|Compare to other Women's Touring Pants|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.