The Spitfire is La Sportiva's lightest race pack, a slightly slimmed version of the Stratos pack. Made of lightweight durable rip stop fabric, the Spitfire pack has an easy-access ski carry system built into the left side. Simply slide the tails of your skis through the side loop¹ and attach the tips using the retractable webbing on your opposite shoulder. The resulting vertical alignment will keep the skis away from your feet so you don't trip while you're booting. Perfectly optimized for racing by La Sportiva, the Spitfre pack also makes a great day pack for light and fast tours.
- Inner pockets are designed to hold a probe and a shovel or water sleeve.
- Velcro pockets on each side of the hip belt are perfect for stashing gels, inclometers, and other essentials.
- Fleece-lined side pocket with zipper is good for an extra layer or water bottle, which you can grab on the go.
- Ice axe loop and bungee cord on the back holds a 50cm ice axe (needs a longer bungee for longer axes).
- Adjustable chest strap can be moved up or down to help get the right fit.
- Durable rip-stop nylon is light enough to save your energy for the descent.
Note¹: The ski carry loop fits skis with tails up to ~105mm wide. The RSTs (106mm) can squeeze in with some effort.
|Access||Top and side|
|Hydration||Sleeve compatible on either side|
|Ski Carry||Side carry with quick pull release|
|Shovel / Probe||Internal pockets|
|Ice Axe||Webbing loop and bungee cord|
|Stash Pockets||2 velcro hip belt|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Everyday & race day ski mountaineering.|
|Notes||Quick pull cord to take skis off, adjustable chest strap.|
|Bottom Line||Durable skimo pack with quick access.|
Questions & Reviews
Would you recommend a smaller pack or a pack that comes in 2 sizes?
This is for rando racing with ski carry
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.