The Sherpa FX Carbon is a high-performance pole designed for splitboarders looking to venture far into the backcountry. The carbon upper helps keep the weight down while the aluminum lowers fend off errant edge strikes. The Aergon Air grip with hollow-core technology is light but provides a large, ergonomically shaped grip for comfort and control while skinning. The back of the grip is fully rubberized, helping you find purchase when your gloves are starting to ice up at the end of a long and cold day. Providing adjustability on the skin track is the Speedlock 2 + system, which allows for seamless adjustments between 110-130cm. For descending, the pole breaks down into 3, 16-inch sections, allowing it to be easily stowed in a pack. Being light, durable, and packable, the Sherpa FX Carbon is an excellent companion to bring along for your backcountry adventures.
- Carbon upper with aluminum lowers is light and durable, perfect for a backcountry pole.
- Aergon Air grip is large and rubberized on the back, providing comfort and control while skinning.
- Speedlock 2 + lock system is easy to use and securely clamps down on the shaft.
- Big Mountain basket has a stiff interface, helping flip heel risers or scrape snow from your splitboard.
- Adjustable between 110-130cm so you can easily find your ideal length while out on the skin track.
|Lengths (cm)||Adjustable 110-130cm, collapsed 41cm|
|Basket & Tip||Big Mountain basket, long carbide tip|
|Strap||Lock Security Strap Nylon Neoprene|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||General touring, splitboarding|
|Notes||Z-style touring pole|
|Bottom Line||Incredibly compact pole|
|Compare to other Adjustable Ski Poles|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.