Like the jacket, the Millet Touring Intense Pant is designed to eat up elevation gain. The body-hugging X-Fit™ design is efficient for climbing and skiing. Stirrups and boot buckle cutouts mean you don’t have to fuss with your cuffs during transitions. The comfortable elastic waist is adjustable with a pull cord and stays in place. The Touring Intense pants are lightweight, breathable, and born to skin.
- Ergonomic cut with articulated knees allows resistance-free skinning.
- Elastic waistband has a drawcord adjustment to dial in the daily fit.
- Bonded cuff patches can be cut out for various boot-buckle systems.
- Zippered waist pocket is nice for the one or two items you must carry.
- Hardtex™ scuff guards have gripper elastic to stay place over a ski boot.
- Revolutionnal® Energy Knit fabric is abrasion resistant and just plain fast.
|Waist||Elastic with drawcord|
|Cuffs||Scuff guards, stirrups, buckle cut-outs|
||71% polyamide, 12% Lycra Xtra-Life|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Performance touring, training, racing|
|Notes||Gripper silicone keeps cuffs in place|
|Bottom Line||Good alternative to a one piece suit|
|Compare to other Men's Speed Pants|
Questions & Reviews
And for pants/tights, I'm going lighter & lighter to the point where in warm temps all I want is essentially the bottom half of a race suit.
But I still do want a secure pocket.
Is that too much to ask?
From some of my favorite race clothing companies, apparently yes -- why can't they include even just one little pocket on their skimo tights, especially when their workout/running tights include a pocket?
Fortunate Millet has heard my plea: these pants/tights are exactly what I want!
And although the pocket is pretty much imperceptible with nothing in it, it is nevertheless big enough even to have excess space for a Pieps Micro beacon.
For fit, as with other race clothing, a Euro Medium is perfect for me.
Just remember though that with Millet a Euro Medium is still a Medium over here, in contrast to much of the competition that relabels a Euro Medium a Small in the U.S. (and so on for other size translations).
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.