We don’t normally get excited by down jackets, but the new Seamless weaving technology from Millet is pretty impressive. Instead of sewing baffles to keep feathers in place, the French company developed a new type of loom that weaves them in place. This means the Trilogy Synthesis Down Hoodie isn’t full of needle holes which let heat out and moisture in. As a bonus, the seamless technology also saves on string weight since there is nothing to sew. In other words, the Millet Trilogy Synthesis jackets are lighter, warmer, and more waterproof than the competition. Perfect for technical mountaineering and modern alpine ascents. This is the best down hoodie in town, period.
- Durable Water Repellent coating means the hoodie can be worn as an outer layer.
- Pre-baffle seamless build offers a new level of warmth and water-repellency.
- Helmet-compatible mountaineering hood has a protective visor and panoramic vision.
- Two zippered pockets on the chest complement the two hand warmer pockets.
- Additional large internal zip pocket means you have plenty of space for things.
- Sporty cut with an adjustable hem, collar, and cuffs make the jacket a great fit.
|Pockets||2 chest zips, 2 hand zips, 1 internal zip|
||Taffetas 20D Ripstop nylon, K Dry Down|
|Insulation||700g K-Dry Down|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||All alpine activities|
|Notes||Seamless baffle improves water-repellency|
|Bottom Line||Ultralight and dry warmth|
|Compare to other Men's Layers|
Questions & Reviews
I absolutely love the over the helmet hood, every other down coat I've owned has a tight fitting hood that usually doesn't fit under a helmet, and if you cram it under looses all of is insulating capacity.
I'm 5'9" 135 lbs, and a size medium fits nicely as an outer layer, too bulky to go under most shells.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.