As part of the X-Series of skis, the Bond-X is created with a unique carbon fiber manufacturing process known as Movement Light Technology X. This semi-secret formula involves weaving carbon fiber around a Karuba wood core to obtain high rigidity and low weight. The part that is not a secret (at least in Europe) is how well the resulting skis perform. With a progressive early-rise tip and a slightly raised tail, the Bond-X has an easy riding feel that allows it to be used by a wide range of skiers. We suspect the Bond-X will be well-received on this side of the pond as well.
- Early rise tip and 84mm of width help you float over powder and multiple types of less perfect snow.
- Slightly upturned tail (~2cm) makes it easier to negotiate couloirs where you often have no room to turn around.
- Patented Thin Ply Technology (TPT) wraps the core with interleaving carbon fibers for multidirectional rigidity.
- Core is an ultra-light selection of Karuba Paulownia wood with poplar added as a reinforcement.
- P-Tex 4000 is used in a 1.3mm sheet to shield the base and slide well on the snow.
- Includes 65% mohair / 35% nylon climbing skins pre-cut to the Bond-X dimensions.
** Pricing Note: Because these skis are directly imported instead of purchased through a distributor, they are essentially priced in Euros. To help offset the exchange rate, we are including matching skins free with all Movement skis ($160-$180 value). Quantities are extremely limited.
** Telemarkers: Movement does not recommend mounting telemark bindings on these skis.
|Lengths (cm)||161, 169, 177, 183|
|Weight (pair)||1890g 
||Curved tip, flat tail notch|
|Specs Verified||Yes, except 161|
||Early rise tip and tail|
||Medium radius, no surprises|
||Cap with TPT|
||Karuba & poplar|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Everday touring & mountaineering|
|Notes||Tail rocker helps back up in tight spots|
|Bottom Line||Very fun mid-fat ski|
|Compare to other Low-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
UPDATE: 183 delivered!
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.