The Movement Session 98 is not a ski that will stay shelved for long. Designed for high-performance skiers looking to push bigger, steeper, and faster, the Session 98 is a free-touring ski that will more than satisfy. With a light Karuba core and a 5-axis carbon layup, the Session 98 will perform almost magically in demanding snow conditions without emptying the energy reserves on the way up. While being a solid mid-winter workhorse, you may lose count of the number of days you have skied as spring turns to summer. Movement’s DPR-Ti in combination with their P-Tex 4000 bases will keep you going and going. If you are a solid skier looking for a solid ski, the Session 98 is your friend.
- ASA (ABS Shock Absorber) is an underfoot sidewall that acts as a shock-absorber for those hectic descents.
- DPR-Ti (Double Plate Reinforcement Fiber and Titanal) two-layer system incorporates fiberglass and Titanal layers under the mounting zone to ensure solid anchoring.
- Vibration Absorber Technology (VA-Tech) utilizes a natural rubber and fiberglass layer located in the front of the ski to absorb any teeth chattering vibrations.
- A specially engineered 5-Axis Carbon Layup surrounds the core of the ski to maximize performance in difficult snow conditions.
- Movement Rando Edges provide the hold needed for those steep chutes or icy exits.
- P-Tex 4000 sintered bases provide the quality and durability for extended use.
- Movement Karuba wood is certified by FSC & PEFC.
Update 2019/20: Movement got in touch with their artistic side and updated the topsheet graphic, otherwise these remain the same.
|Lengths (cm)||169, 177, 185|
|Weight (pair)||2920g 
||Round tip, flat tail|
||Rocker tip, camber underfoot, flat tail|
||Round tip, medium radius, square tail|
||Cap with ABS sidewalls underfoot|
||Karuba wood + Carbon|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Skiing big lines under human power|
|Notes||ABS sidewall and steel edges|
|Bottom Line||New standard in free-touring|
|Compare to other High-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Best response ever.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.