The Ravine 28S is a modern freeride pack that will make all your other packs envious. The Full Contact Light Back System is ergonomic and distributes weight evenly across the back, providing a secure fit for skiing. A separate safety compartment allows for quick access to safety equipment while a side zipper provides easy access to the main compartment. Similar to skimo-style packs, the Ravine 28S has a quick carry system, which allows the skis to be quickly stowed without taking the pack off. The Ravine 26S also has a separate "crampon pocket" that can also be accessed without removing the pack, allowing convenient storage of crampons, ski crampons, or if you're so inclined, pop tarts. For vertical pursuits, the rope attachment is secure and easy to use while ice axes can be stowed inside the safety compartment or on the outside of the pack. Blurring the lines between freeride and ski mountaineering, the Ravine 28S is a smart choice for all skiers.
- Quick carry, diagonal, or A-frame ski carry options allow you to adapt to the situation at hand.
- The top and side zipper gives convenient access to the main compartment.
- The safety compartment grants immediate access to emergency equipment.
- Ice axe and hiking pole attachments on the outside of the pack free up your hands in technical terrain.
- Chest strap with an emergency whistle allows you to signal members of your party.
- Rope attachment across the top of the main compartment securely holds your rope for all vertical adventures.
- Crampon compartment is accessible without taking off the pack, allowing quick access to needed items.
- Hip belt loop holds carabiners, ice screws, or gloves, providing versatility across a broad range of applications.
- Compelling blend of freeride and mountaineering features will make everyone happy!
|Access||Front and Top|
|Shovel / Probe||Separate safety compartment|
|Ice Axe||1 External carrier|
|Stash Pockets||Shoulder strap pocket
|Security Pocket||Separate valuable compartment|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Light and fast touring|
|Notes||Lots of pockets and versatility for all adventures in the backcountry|
|Bottom Line||Great mid size pack for ski touring|
|Compare to other Backpacks|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.