The Ski Raptor 20 is the embodiment of, "Ask for and you shall receive." While its predecessor bearing the same name was an instant hit, many noticed and wished it had a dedicated pocket for avalanche gear. Wanting to please the people, CAMP has done just that with this current iteration. With the dedicated avalanche pocket, you can now store your avalanche tools for convenient access when digging snow pits, doing rescue drills, or performing an actual rescue. Similar to the prior generation, the Ski Raptor 20 is made with a light yet extremely tough 420D nylon, keeping the pack in service for many years of fun. The X-Press ski carry allows skis to be stowed easily without taking off the pack, and the tail loop has been revised to allow for two positions, making it easy to get ski tails in the loop with or without being loaded. The ski crampon pocket can be accessed without removing the pack and also can zip in with the main compartment if you find yourself needing extra space. Two pockets on either side of the waist belt allow you to keep snacks close at hand while the gear loop on the right side allows you to store items quickly while on rappel. The elastic helmet holder accommodates a wide array of ski helmets while the ice axe carry allows you to bring along needed tools for vertical adventures. The Ski Raptor 20 is built as a ski mountaineers freeride pack and is sure to please many.
- Durable 420D nylon is in it for the long haul.
- X-Press and A-frame ski carry options allow you to adapt to the situation at hand.
- Crampon pocket is easily accessible and can be zipped into the main compartment for extra space.
- Hideaway system for securely carrying poles is useful for steep, booting sections.
- Dedicated avalanche pocket allows for quick access to avalanche tools.
- BackDoor opening allows for quick access to the packs' contents.
- Backpanel is ergonomic and ventilated for all-day comfort.
- Two pockets on the waist belt allow you to conveniently stow snacks or any other item you want to keep close.
- Hydration pocket allows you to use a bladder if you so choose.
- Gear loop allows items to be quickly stowed in a pinch.
|Access||Top and back|
|Ski Carry||Wire Xpress and A-Frame|
|Shovel / Probe||Dedicated pocket|
|Stash Pockets||2 on waist belt,|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Ski mountaineering, freeride|
|Notes||Crampon pocket can merge with the main compartment|
|Bottom Line||A ski mountaineers freeride pack|
|Compare to other Backpacks|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.