Race sometimes? Go fast all the time? If this describes your style, then ARVA built the Plume Carbon shovel just for you. Featuring a lightweight carbon fiber shaft, you can shave grams without sacrificing blade size; ARVA knows your shovel needs to move snow. The T-grip handle makes for easy handling while shoveling from either side when seconds count. The 24cm x 24cm shovel blade is larger than the Race Carbon shovel, allowing you to move more snow with each motion. To cut through a heavy avalanche snowpack you need a very sturdy build. The 1.5mm thick anodized aluminum blade will hold up while you dig down. The 47cm shaft length stows easily in most packs, and interfaces easily with the blade thanks to the PIN LOCK system. Light like a race shovel, blade like a touring shovel, ARVA’s Plume Carbon shovel is an excellent choice for those wanting versatility and low weight in one package.
- Carbon shaft keeps the weight down while being long enough to extend your arms.
- 1.5mm thick anodized aluminum blade can take on a heavy snowpack with ease.
- Measuring in at 47cm, the shaft will fit in most packs while still giving enough leverage to move snow.
- 576cm² blade surface will move snow quickly without exhausting you.
- PIN LOCK system allows you to attach the shaft to the blade quickly and accurately.
- Ergonomic T-grip handle is easy to work with for efficient shoveling.
||Carbon fiber shaft, anodized aluminum blade|
|Blade Dimensions||24cm x 24cm (576cm²)|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Speed touring, rec races|
|Notes||1.5mm thick blade is both light and durable|
|Bottom Line||A great option from race day to outings where every gram counts|
|Compare to other Shovels|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.