Rumor has it that Mammut has the "scoop" on a top-secret supply of aerospace-grade aluminum, presumably harvested from the husks of planes at Area-51. While this rumor is mostly unfounded, according to Snopes, Mammut has elected to use aerospace grade 7075 aluminum with the Alugator Ultra, achieving a very high durability-to-weight ratio. Even with its svelte weight, the Alugator Ultra still moves snow very effectively, and its impressively thin 1mm blade is specifically designed to cut through hard-packed avalanche debris. Stabilization ribs on the blade give it exceptional rigidity while the back remains flat for cutting snow profiles and digging snow pits. The telescopic shaft can be set at either 39cm or 55cm and snaps into place for fast assembly, letting you find your ideal length for optimum efficiency. With a space-saving blade design and compact shaft length, the Alugator Ultra fits into smaller race or fast n' light packs with no issues. A standard T-grip provides a familiar feel and plenty of shoveling oomph. If you're not looking to compromise on either weight or performance, Mammut's Alugator Ultra is for you.
- Constructed of welded aerospace grade 7075 aluminum for optimal durability-to-weight performance.
- Hardened, anodized, and 1mm thick aluminum shovel blade is shaped to cut through hardened snow.
- Space-saving blade design fits into smaller packs, saving weight on big traverses.
- Stabilization ribs on the blade for maximum rigidity, allowing for efficiency when moving snow.
- Flat profile on the back of the blade is beneficial for digging snow pits.
- Telescopic shaft has 2 positions: 39cm and 55cm, letting you find your ideal shoveling length.
- Shaft snaps into place with a spring lock for quick assembly, perfect for when time is of the essence.
- Familiar T-grip so you don't have to relearn how to shovel.
- Meets UIAA 156 Avalanche Shovel Standard means the shovel hasn't compromised on durability.
|Blade Dimensions||24cm x 22cm (528cm²)|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Fast and light touring, racing|
|Notes||Space-saving blade shape fits in smaller packs|
|Bottom Line||No nonsense shovel at a very low weight|
|Compare to other Shovels|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.