Lightweight backcountry ski gear has been a revelation to many skiers, but new technologies in the school of fast-and-light have mostly stuck to the three main categories: skis, boots, and bindings. Recently, however, we've seen a surge in innovation in other pieces of ski-mountaineering kit, with an exciting new option coming in the form of a Vision. BD claims the Vision is their most durable climbing helmet yet, which they achieve by following the industry trend of combining ESP and EPP foam. The softer EPP foam comprises the majority of the helmet, while the ESP (stiffer, more brittle) foam is used only for a puck located on the crown of the helmet, which is protected by a hard plastic outer shell. The ESP puck protects against typical hazards in mountaineering scenarios, granting the helmet the EN 12492 climbing certification.
- A protective EPS (expanded polystyrene) foam puck sits atop the crown of this helmet, keeping the profile low without compromising safety.
- Durable EPP (expanded polypropylene) foam makes up the front, sides, and rear of the helmet, forgiving accidental drops and bumps.
- A large hard plastic outer shell protects the foam and ensures that this helmet will keep your brain meat safe for years to come.
- This helmet meets proposed UIAA impact safety standards, helping to keep you safer when you inevitably go splat.
- Integrated headlamp clips and a low-profile brim won't get caught on slings, ropes, or tree branches.
- The low profile buckle and simple interior make for a comfortable on-skin fit.
- Removable pads inside the helmet make cleaning easy and fast.
|Certifications||EN 12492 (climbing)|
||Composite EPP foam, EPS foam puck and polycarbonate shell|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Ski mountaineering, climbing, ice climbing|
|Notes||13 vents for breathability|
|Bottom Line||Light, durable, and comfortable helmet|
|Compare to other Helmets|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.