If you lie awake at night thinking about the perfect skin glue formula, the new Colltex acrylic solution just might help you get some Z’s. Three of them in fact. The Mix Whizzz could be the solution to all your climbing skin anxieties. Attaching and removing your skins is effortless. So is pulling them apart when stuck “non-glue” to “non-glue”. The acrylic coating is classified as such, since it’s not made from horse hooves or other notorious glue ingredients. Yet it somehow keeps your skins stuck to your skis. Our chemistry is not up to explaining exactly how, but our tests are saying: so-far-so-good.
- Acrylic non-glue can be ripped easily while requiring no protective sheath.
- 65/35 mohair/nylon mix formula is durable with great grip and glide.
- Simple square tip brackets and Camlock+ adjustable tails fit most skis.
- Edge+ membrane prevents fraying after trimming your skins.
- Waterproof layer between fur and non-glue maintains sticking power.
- Adhesive can be washed if it gets dirty and re-coated if necessary.
Update 2018/19: The Whizzz skins were renamed Clariden.
Questions & Reviews
What do you recommend as an alternative to the Whizz?
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.