If you spend serious time in the backcountry, you're bound to experience nearly every form of weather imaginable. Whipping winds, hot and muggy forests, and snow falling so thickly that you can't even see the next switchback in the skin track-- all in the same day. With weather this unpredictable, choosing what to wear can be nearly impossible, and if you waste too much time swapping layers, you'll arrive late to the Powder Party!! Crazy Idea is here to help, with their wear-whatever-the-weather-is-doing Avenger jacket. Light and breathable material keeps you dry whether it's snow or sweat you're worried about, and its tried-and-true construction is ideal for folks who are hard on their gear and need it to last. With this softshell jacket, you'll get optimal wind and water resistance without the mugginess of a full hardshell, and the articulated fit lets you stretch and move freely. For years, backcountry ski tourers have been choosing this jacket because it works for such a wide range of conditions, and that versatility is why you'll find yourself grabbing your own Avenger all year, no matter the conditions.
- Soft zipper garage allows you to zip your jacket all the way up without rubbing your chin raw.
- The targeted lightweight material is placed in high-heat locations to keep you dry and cool, no matter how hard you're working.
- Full hoot fits over helmets and ball caps alike and has an elastic band around the edge to keep as much warm air in as is possible.
- Two side pockets with zippers keep the candy bars out of the way of your harness and pack waistband without creating awkward seams or stiff spots in the jacket.
- Reflective graphics help folks with headlamps and headlights see you, and they look super cool just in case you need to impress anyone but don't have time to put lycra on.
|Pockets||Two outer chest pockets|
|Materials||ThermoLite, Polyamide Yarn, Crazy Endurance, Vuelta tecno-fabric, YKK zips|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||A Crazy Idea classic|
|Bottom Line||Very breathable and durable jacket|
|Compare to other Men's Touring Jackets|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.