The word, "Hybrid," seems to have become a staple of our language from cars to fabrics to designer dogs. Now it's time to describe a jacket as a hybrid, a mix of softshell comfort and efficiency with the warmth and weather resistance of bulkier hard-shell jackets. When Karpos created the Piz Palu jacket they must have been thinking about including backcountry skiers who are ready to take the plunge into the softshell world. Meant to be taken to the highest and harshest environments, you can still be a mere mortal and enjoy the Piz Palu on cold, snowy days. To make sure that weather resistance is paramount to the design, this jacket incorporates Goretex Infinium into the shoulders, arms, and chest for 100% windproofing and incredible water resistance. The under-arms, lower-chest, and back are made with Thermo Drytex Plus for increased breathability and mobility. As such, this jacket is stretchy and well suited to hold up to whatever conditions mother nature feels like throwing at you no matter what your pace. The two zippered chest pockets on the exterior of the jacket are just one of the standout features. These pockets on the Piz Palu are great additions for those who are sick and tired of having to open their jacket when stashing skins. The Piz Palu from Karpos will keep you warm and dry for those wet, harsh, and abominably cold days where the Bumble could appear out of the driving snow at any moment.
- Two large zippered pockets on the chest mean quick access to priority items.
- Shaped, stretchy hood for a snug fit to help seal out the ridge-top winds.
- Elastic trim around the hood, wrists, and hem of the waist keep cold air out.
- YKK Vislon zippers mean easier gliding and opening of pockets and the jacket itself.
- Goretex Infinium provides 100% windproofing and incredible water resistance.
- Thermo Drytex Plus fabric gives warmth and breathability.
|Pockets||2 outside open mesh, 2 zippered chest|
||Goretex Infinium, Thermo Drytex Plus|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Two outer dump pockets for easy skin stashing|
|Bottom Line||Made to keep you dry for fast, high output touring in harsh conditions|
|Compare to other Men's Touring Jackets|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.