Skeptics everywhere gasped when DPS released their original Cassiar 87, designed for hard snow and long-distance touring. What does DPS -- a company that made a name for itself with banana-rockered, water-ski-esque powder boards -- know about edge hold and camber underfoot? Well, it turns out that just because DPS tests their skis in the Wasatch doesn't mean that their mid-fat designs don't have a special affinity for shredding the maritime snowpacks. Whether you're hunting for a late-season freeze up high on the Olympic Peninsula, or making perfect carves under the midnight sun of the Lyngen Alps, the Pagoda 87 takes easy-skiing versatility to a new level. Aerospace foam in the core provides damping for the Pagoda above and beyond what we saw in the Cassiar, obliterating any concerns about pingy, chattery sensations when you ski onto shaded aspects or traverse a wind-scoured patch. And for those sleeper late-season storm cycles, the rockered tip and rounded tail make for effortless turns in boot-top powder. A heads-up to the skeptics: DPS has found the formula to shed waist width without losing the amazing feel that has been winning them converts worldwide.
- A mid-fat ski that rides like an excess-fat powder board, but without sacrificing edge hold.
- Aerospace-grade foam core provides impressive damping for the hard-charging, conditions-be-damned skier.
- Rocker-camber integration makes for easy turn engagement, even on tired legs and with lighter boots.
- Textured polyamide topsheet keeps snow and ice off your ski when you're setting the skintrack.
- World Cup race-grade base material keeps your Pagodas moving fast and pairs well with DPS's Phantom 2.0 treatment.
Compare otherMid-fat Skis
|Lengths (cm)||157, 165, 171, 178|
|Weight (pair)||2220g 
|Turn Radius||16.5m 
|Skin Fix||Rounded tip and tail|
|Profile||Moderate camber with tip rocker|
|Construction||Foam core with ash and paulownia stringers and full sidewalls|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||High-route touring, skiing in variable conditions|
|Notes||DPS' touring-specific mid-fat.|
|Bottom Line||Designed for versatility and fun.|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.