Going fast and light is something that Skimo holds very close to its heart as a testament to what makes winter sporting so very fun. However, going fast and travelling light is as much a measure of your gear as it is your own ambition. As Terry Pratchett once eloquently wrote, "she strode as if distance was a personal insult." If that's a mood you're down to vibe with, let us introduce you to the DNA Polartec Alpha Jacket. Designed for athleticism and intensity, the jacket has masterfully woven Polartec Alpha insulation to keep you warm and is treated with DWR to keep you dry on cruddy and blistering race days. Large inner mesh pockets and a large chest pocket provide room for whatever storage you may need for skins, wax, scrapers, m&m's, and sunscreen. A microperforated side panel on the jacket allows for technically placed ventilation and breathability. All the lovely accoutrements Dynafit loves to offer like the tightly fitting hood, reflective prints along the back and sides, as well as a thumb hole to keep your gloves and layers where they should be, are all making a reappearance on this jacket. Finally, to top off this lovely addition to your competitive winter wear, are the magnetic zippers, keeping everything sealed, tight, and ready for action.
- Polartec Alpha active insulation is both warm and breathable to create a cozy climate.
- Stretch inserts keep you on the move more easily.
- Chest pocket and two large inner mesh pockets are there to hold your skins and possibly one of those talkie devices we call smartphones.
- Micro perforations along the sides increase breathability at high output.
- Thumb hole along the elastic wrist keep your sleeves from running up your arms.
- Reflective strips give visibility while racing in the dark.
- Magnetic zippers are just awesome.
- Ergonomic and tight-fitting hood keep snow out and heat in.
|Hood||Tight fit hood|
|Pockets||1 chest pocket, 2 inner mesh|
|Insulation||Polartec Alpha Direct|
|Lining||Polartec Powergrid fleece|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Pockets inside are big enough for skins|
|Bottom Line||High output insulation for being on the move|
|Compare to other Women's Touring Jackets|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.