What did Goldilocks say? "Not too hot, not too cold, but juuusssttt right!" We say the same thing every time we don the Dynafit Mezzalama Alpha 2 Jacket. Ski mountaineering is undeniably an aerobic activity, and therefore doesn't usually demand all the layers of thick insulation a resort skier may opt for. However, winter in the Wasatch isn't exactly tropical, and most days still require at least a thin layer of keep-us-warms, which is where the Mezzalama Alpha 2 jacket comes in. With targeted insulation where you need it and thinner, vented material everywhere else, this jacket is tailor made for moving fast in less-than-optimal conditions. Backcountry enthusiasts will appreciate the water and snow repellent outer coating, which will keep you dry and warm in squalls of bad weather. A windproof hood will prove to be the savior for your ears when the winds pick up, and will neatly fit under most ski helmets. When you don't want to play the layering game, the Dynafit Mezzalama Alpha 2 jacket will keep you warm (but not too warm) whether you're heading up or down the hill.
- Dynafit's Hybrid Construction ensures that panels of insulation and venting material flex and stretch seamlessly and comfortably.
- Topping out on windy ridges will feel less bracing with the wind resistance of the Mezzalama Alpha 2.
- A surprisingly hearty water repellent coating keeps you dry without trapping moisture inside.
- Burly abrasion resistant body fabric ensures durability across a wide range of uses.
- Reflectors help prevent an unfortunate accident with a snowcat or snowmobile.
- Polartec Alpha insulation keeps you warm but allows sweat vapor pass on out.
- Big front pockets make stowing trinkets and sustenance easy and quick.
- Packs down into a secret hood compartment.
|Hood||Yes, elastic closure|
|Materials||Nylon shell, Polartec Alpha fill, polyester mesh lining|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Cold weather touring, long races|
|Notes||Packs up into the hood.|
|Bottom Line||The most breathable insulation you'll find.|
|Compare to other Women's Touring Jackets|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.