The Trofeo Mezzalama is an iconic bi-annual spring race that starts at the foot of the Matterhorn and weaves through the Italian Alps in a grueling one-day event. The race brings challenging conditions and traditional race apparel often doesn’t cut it. It’s fitting that Dynafit should make a jacket specifically around the rigors of this race. Where heavier clothing doesn’t breathe well enough and full race-suits aren’t warm enough, the Mezzalama Race Jacket finds its niche. Don’t let the word race throw you off as many people wearing this jacket don’t even use it in a racing capacity. But, the efficiency found in race-inspired designs is impossible to shake once you’ve tried it and is awesome to apply in the backcountry. Built from an abrasion-resistant but soft and flexible Carvico fabric that’s lined with just enough fleece, the jacket is useful in most conditions. When paired with the right baselayer and/or a dose of endorphins, the temperature range is huge. A tight-fitting hood and some thumb holes help seal out the elements and keep you cozy. The Dynafit Mezzalama Race is a layman’s race-jacket, the racer’s cold-weather kit, or an aerobic skier’s quiver-of-one.
- Premium Carvico fabric is comfortable and abrasion-resistant.
- Thumb holes help keep the sleeves down and elements out.
- UV Protection built into the fabric because sunscreen is too heavy to carry.
- Zippered external skin pockets are placed mid-torso, perfectly in between your backpack straps for easy access, secure skins, and fast transitions.
- Flat seams increase comfort and minimize hot spots.
- Siliconized hem helps keep the jacket in place.
|Pockets||2 zippered outer pockets 2 large inner skin pockets and zippered beacon pocket|
|Cuffs||Elastic with thumb holes|
|Materials||85% Polyamide, 15% Elastane|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Racing, mountaineering, training|
|Notes||Super soft feel yet it's hard-wearing.|
|Bottom Line||Perfect jacket for aerobic ski-tourers.|
|Compare to other Women's Speed Jackets|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.