The Dynafit classic Racing Windstopper Jacket has been revived. It combines Gore Windstopper™ on the front panel to shield you from your own speed, and flexible water-repellent softshell on the arms to help you stay frictionless and dry at any speed. While these materials breathe well, the true ventilation genius is on the back of the jacket, where mesh inserts allow for air flow while relying on your pack to shield you from the elements.
- Elastic hem and elastic cuff with a thumb hole so there is no fussing with cords or velcro when you throw it on or rip it off.
- Welded construction of water-repellent materials to keep you dry with moderate precipitation.
- Wind-resistant yet breathable Windstopper front panel protects your core on descents or when the wind picks up.
- Mesh inserts on the back add excess breathability under your pack where you need it most.
- Outer chest pocket for essentials and two tall mesh inners for skins or water bottles.
|Pockets||2 inner chest, 1 outer chest|
|Cuffs||Elastic with thumb hole|
||Athletic with frictionless motion|
||88% Nylon 12% Elastane softshell with Gore Windstopper front and mesh inserts on back|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Bottom Line||Great for the climb|
|Compare to other Men's Speed Jackets|
Questions & Reviews
If I'm really working hard, it's not windy, and above 10 degrees I find I need to drop this layer on the uphill. On windy days though, it's nice to have, especially if I'm not working hard. I've mainly used this jacket for training sessions at the resort and for that I love it. I keep it easily accessible in my pack and throw it on quickly at the top and take it off once I transition for the next lap. At 10-20 degrees with a light wind I wear this on 2,000' of descent wearing just a 165 g/m merino layer and Polartec Wind Pro gloves and I don't feel cold at all on the descent.
I'm 5'10" 150# and a 38" chest and the US small is pretty athletically fitted on me, but I can still fit an Atom LT jacket under it if needed but things start to get tight there. Thumb loops are nicely done such that they aren't too much in the way and they don't leak air too much when not being used. The jacket doesn't stretch that much though so trying to reach down and undo a binding is a little difficult if the thumb loops are on. The internal skin pockets are really only good for a race skin as they are very narrow.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.