“The Ultra is ultra awesome”, says Hagan. Since it’s an improved version of the awesome Cirrus, we’d have to agree. Hagan added mini ABS sidewalls to the Ultra for improved edge hold and durability. They also tweaked the shape to increase the effect edge length and directional stability. The ski maintains its prior charms with a low weight, generous rocker, and impressive carving ability. The Ultra is perfect for long-distance alpine missions and fitness skiing. We are ultra-excited about this version.
- Diamond Side Wall construction is a structural angle design with integrated ABS sidewalls.
- Multi-radius sidecut lets you dictate your turns with confidence and agility on the mountain.
- Carbon fiber top and bottom layers make the ski surprisingly stiff and stable for the weight.
- Paulownia wood core is the standard for lightweight ski performance that is just plain fun.
- Nano Highspeed stone ground race base means the ski is ready to rock out of the plastic.
Update 2017/18: Hagan renamed the ski Ultra 76 (from simply Ultra) and redid the graphics. It's still fun!
Compare otherLow-fat Skis
|Lengths (cm)||148, 155, 163, 170, 177|
|Weight (pair)||1680g 
|Turn Radius||14-16-17m 
|Skin Fix||Tip notch, flat tail|
|Profile||Regular camber w/ 250mm tip rocker|
|Shape||Wider in the tip than tail for float and nimbleness|
|Construction||Diamond Edge cap|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Light and fast ski mountaineering|
|Notes||New ABS sidewalls for strength and edge hold|
|Bottom Line||Ultra awesome.|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.