As Stan Lee could attest, Excelsior is Latin for "ever upward." So with that in mind, we think La Sportiva's Excelsior Pant is aptly named! As an ultra-breathable midweight softshell pant made with comfort in mind, it's designed to enable ski tourers to forever ascend. And if you're really getting the heart rate up, side zippered vents with mesh gussets allow you to dump heat quickly. Articulated knees, gusseted crotch, and the use of 4-way stretch material ensure that this pant won't get in the way as you race to the top. For a touch of eco-friendly production, La Sportiva utilizes a PFC-Free DWR coating and Bluesign certified fabrics. A reinforced bottom hem with an internal gusset and adjustable snow gaiter keeps snow out of your boots. Two zippered hand pockets, one zippered leg pocket, and one zippered back pocket give you plenty of options for storing small items. Similarly, belt and suspender loops allow you to dial in a perfect fit if for some reason the adjustable waistband construction just isn't enough to keep your pants up! So at the bottom of every run, feel free to shout "Excelsior" as you begin your umpteenth uptrack ascent knowing that the La Sportiva Excelsior Pant won't be holding you back.
- Four zippered pockets: two hand, one leg, one back.
- Midweight softshell touring pant.
- Reflective details for visibility.
- Eco-friendly PFC free DWR coating.
- Four-way stretch material.
- Reinforced cuffs with internal gusset and adjustable gaiter.
- Two side ventilation zippers with a mesh gusset for heat regulation.
- Articulated knees and gusseted crotch to fit comfortably without mobility compromises.
- Adjustable waistband with optional belt and suspender loops.
|Ventilation||Side ventilation zippers|
|Pockets||4 zippered pockets.
2 front hand pockets, 1 leg pocket, and 1 back pocket
|Waist||Button and zipper with belt loops|
||Recycled Polyamide, Recycled Polyester|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||General Touring, Mountaineering|
|Notes||Great for colder alpine days when you need a softshell|
|Bottom Line||Durable softshell pant|
|Compare to other Men's Layers|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.