Like a cute, fluffy, and adventurous Snow Yeti, the Crazy Idea Neutron Pant is at home doing intense aerobic activity in cold winter climates. It achieves this with the use of windproof, weather-resistant, and highly breathable softshell fabric in the upper regions of the pant, combined with a waterproof, stretchy, and abrasion-resistant fabric in the lower legs. This winning combination allows for the maximum amount of weather protection without getting “soggy” on the skin track. The abrasion resistance of the lower also acts to keep errant ski edges, crampon points, or claws from ruining your stylish new pants. Because backcountry skiers and Snow Yetis are known to have voracious appetites, the Neutron has 3 pockets, letting you keep snacks or other valuables close at hand. For technical missions in cold weather, pull on the Crazy Idea Neutron Pant.
- A stretchy waistband with Velcro helps to keep the skin track modest.
- Three zip secured pockets allow for easy access to the “must-have” items throughout your tour.
- Two side vents to dump heat.
- Waterproof integrated gaiters with stretchy hem gusset and zipper work to keep moisture out while fitting over most ski touring boots on the market.
- Regular fit isn’t too baggy or tight, it’s just right.
|Ventilation||2 side zippered vents|
|Pockets||2 front, 1 thigh|
||WP-2, Armor Abrasion Resistance, X-Buckle 3|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Mountaineering, ski mountaineering in colder conditions|
|Notes||Windproof materials with abrasion resistant cuffs|
|Bottom Line||Touring pants to keep you comfy no matter what the weather is doing|
|Compare to other Men's Touring Pants|
Questions & Reviews
It can often be difficult to accurately comment on clothing fits remotely, however with the casual fitting and elastic nature of these pants, I'd imagine the size L would fit you well. If you found the XL in the Avenger to be too large, the XL in these likely would not be a good fit. Thanks!
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.