One of the most versatile skis we carry, the GTR features a modern early-rise tip with traditional camber and a classic straight tail. A lightweight Paulownia wood core keeps it snappy while multiple fiberglass and carbon fiber laminates add strength and ridigity. La Sportiva designed the GTR to handle all snow conditions, and with a medium-to-long turning radius it arcs well on soft snow while providing good edging in icy couloirs. Useful ski mountaineering features are sprinkled in, with tip and tail holes for making anchors and sleds, and a flat tail for isolating columns. Many skiers find that the GTR is the only ski they need.
- Vertical laminated and environmentally certified (FSC/PEFC) Karuba Paulownia wood core is the new standard in lightweight rebound.
- Tri-directional fiberglass and bi-directional carbon / fiberglass laminates keep it stiff without the weight.
- Gently rockered tip makes it easier to keep the skis above any junk and keep them from burrowing in pow.
- Reinforcement plates under the bindings and rubber on the tip and tail add some durability for everyday abuse.
- Tip and tail holes accept K2 Z-Clip style skins and can be used in a pinch for an anchor or sled.
- Finished with 1.8mm sharpened steel edges and P-Tex 2000 bases that glide smoothly.
|Lengths (cm)||158, 168, 178|
|Weight (pair)||2180g 
||Z-Clip tip and tail holes, flat notched tail|
|Specs Verified||158 & 178 only|
||10% rocker, 90% camber, flat tail|
||Medium-to-long radius, squarish tail|
||LW-Powercap with multiple laminates|
||Karuba Paulownia wood|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Good mouintaineering features and great handling|
|Bottom Line||Very versatile and easy to ski|
|Compare to other Low-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Very possible that they just don’t suit me and will suit others but I prefer the Stigma over this ski and don’t really care for the Stigma either. I have skied the Dynafit Broad Peaks in a 167 for 10 outings so far and I have been very impressed.
The new Nanga Parbat might be the ski to own in this class....
Summary- Nice lightweight ski that looks good on paper. Look elsewhere if you want an 80 waist do it all ski.
Head to the bottom of this post to read my impressions in detail. http://getstrongergolonger.squarespace.com/journal/2013/7/24/final-turns-and-sportiva-gtr-review.html
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.