Short of nailing your feet to your skis, this is as light as you’re going to get. The Hi-Cube is the culmination of La Sportiva’s years of experience making the Stratos line of skimo racing boots. Everything has been tweaked into a trimmer package, and the price has been lowered to boot (no pun intended). The Hi-Cube has virtually zero walking resistance while being impressively stiff in ski mode. The boot was designed to win races yet be skied by Tom Goth daily. If you’ve been waiting to jump on the carbon bandwagon, now is the time.
- New tapered shape is compact and precise, transmitting power and steering signals.
- Reinforcement ribs and anti-breakage inserts reduce vibration and potential problems.
- Vibram® Ice Trek rubber soles are hard enough to be used for real ski mountaineering.
- Likewise, Spur-Heel Construction™ means you can attach crampons without a hitch.
- Forward lean can be adjusted in a wide range to dial in your stance on various skis.
- CavoLever ski/walk switch is integrated into the top buckle for fast mode changes.
- Lower buckle has been reworked and offers a comfortable hole over your foot.
- Schoeller® Stretch Gaiter is integrated into the lower shell for a snug snow block.
- Hi-Cube liner is thermo-formable, or will mold to your foot after some skiing.
|Weight (pair)||1140g [27.0]|
||3 positions from 10° to 19°|
||Carbon fiber, butterflies|
||Vibram Ice Trek|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Skimo racing, touring ridiculously far|
|Notes||Spur-heel is compatible with all types of crampons|
|Bottom Line||Crazy light, crazy skiing.|
|Compare to other Race Boots|
Questions & Reviews
which size is recommended for the hi cube, when the pg fits well in 26,5 ?
thanks in advance
* Is the ski/walk mode done with the heel lever (yay!) or the cuff lever (boo!)?
* How do these ski compared to the Gignoux boots?
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.