As the female version of the Sideral boot, the La Sportiva Starlet is an all-day ski mountaineering boot that is perfect for light and fast tours. Using decades of experience in footwear design, La Sportiva packed tons of patented innovations into these comfortable and functional skimo boots. After enjoying 68° degrees of ankle movement while racing to the top carrying only 1040 grams (2lb 4.7oz) per foot [size 25], you will be pleasantly surprised by the control offered by the Vertebra Technology™ backbone. Made of carbon reinforced PA12 Nylon, the vertebra transfers power like an exoskeleton down to your ski. And you'll be off in a hurry thanks to the one-motion Cam Closure System™ that locks the boot into ski mode with a flip of the top buckle. Best of all, with a comfortable last, flex zones in the tongue and liners, and insulated insoles, you can repeat these steps all day without getting cranky feet.
- Built in flex zones on the thermo-moldable Paulau™ liners have a patent lacing system to provide a custom snug fit.
- EZ Flex™ system on the tongue, borrowed from La Sportiva's proven mountain boots, provides unrestricted ankle motion.
- Enjoy long strides with the unrestricted 68° of ankle motion provided by the CRP Cuff™.
- WarmSole™ insole prevents cold transfer through the sole of the boot, making these warmer than other two buckle boots.
- Transition quickly and easily with the Fast Lock™ closure system that switches modes with a one-handed flip of the buckle.
- EZ Cable™ adjustable forefoot buckle works in conjunction with the flexible tongue so you can set it and forget it.
- Reduce your heel slippage with a low-volume yet comfortable 2BT Tech Heel™.
- LazerGrip Outsole™ aborbs shock under the ball of your foot while being harder in the toe and heel for confident rock and ice maneuvers.
- Stiffness comes from the CRP backbone Vertebra Technology™ that works like an exoskeleton to deliver power.
- Choose from casual to aggressive stances with three different forward lean options (12, 14, or 16 degrees).
- Optional power strap and spoiler included in the box for those more downhill oriented.
The boot comes set with a 14º forward lean. Use a screwdriver to replace the lean plate with the 12º or 16º ones in the box to suit your preferences.
|Weight (pair)||2080g |
||2 w/ Fast Lock|
||12°, 14°, 16°|
||Grilamid shell, PA12 nylon cuff, pebax tounge|
||Paulau with lacing system|
||LazerGrip w/ varying hardness|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||All-day ski mountaineering|
|Notes||Large range of motion, warm insoles, snug lacing, flex zones, female fit|
|Bottom Line||Lightweight with all the comfort and amenities of heavier boots|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.