No need to spell check, Petzl knows just what they are talking about with the Pur Line. At a scant 20g per meter, this technical piece of equipment is feature-filled and ready to support your next epic day in the mountains. The 100% HMPE (high-modulus polyethylene) construction is very durable and perfect for rappels over rough terrain, crevasse rescue, and retrieving ropes in extreme environments. A rough-textured sheath allows for increased grip with gloves in wet and snowy conditions for better and more confident rope management. Because of this grippier reinforced sheath, the Pur Line is compatible with most Petzl progress capture devices like the Tibloc, Nano Traxion, and Micro Traxion. In terms of how static this rope is, they use the term hyperstatic to properly capture its crazy low static elongation, which is less than 2%. The 65m length takes into account the dynamic stretch of a traditional 60m rope to better match the overall length - smart. Glacier travel, mountain travel, or death-defying rappels into couloirs can all benefit from the Petzl Pur Line.
- Less than 2% static elongation avoids bounce when pulling ropes or catching your buddy's fall during glacier travel.
- 6mm diameter still works with most Petzl ascenders and pulleys due to the reinforced sheath.
- Rough textured sheath provides better grip for easier rope handling.
- 65m length closely matches that of a dynamic 60m rope when elasticity is factored in.
- At 20g per meter this rope is lightweight and compact.
- 100% HMPE construction is incredibly durable so you can use this line with confidence.
- CE EN 564 certified.
|Grams per Meter||20g/m|
|UIAA Fall Rating|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Glacier travel, rope retrieval|
|Notes||Rough textured, reinforced sheath is highly durable and easy to handle|
|Bottom Line||Keep this around|
|Compare to other Ropes|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.