As a whole, Salomon is known for being friendly to the hard-charging athletes who want to push the boundaries a bit. Built from the ground up as a powerful women’s touring boot, the MTN Explore W is intended to do just that. But feel free to explore the mountains in any way you see fit. The generous 63° of articulation makes the furthest peaks and steepest slopes seem closer. At under 1300g per boot, getting up is no longer a problem. Luckily, with the oversized 24mm cuff pivots and Salomon’s powerful Touring Carbon Spine, getting down isn’t a problem either. When the approach gets a little bit technical, the rugged rubber sole has your back. All in all, if you’d like to never second guess your gear choice, the MTN Explore W is a safe bet.
- Full Thermo CF 3D Liner is ultralight, women specific, and extremely moldable, for the highest quality fit.
- Lightweight aluminum buckles are machined to save weight and offer micro-adjustability for a customized fit profile.
- Excessive 24mm cuff pivots are large and in charge.
- Surelock Mechanism handles ski/walk duties and is low profile, for fuss-free operation.
- Powder Magazine's Skier's Choice Award in 2017.
- Backcountry Magazine's Gear Guide Select Award in 2017.
- Skiing Magazine's Official Selection Award in 2017.
- America's Best Bootfitters Best of Test Award in 2016.
|Weight (pair)||2562g [25.5]|
|Boot Sole Length||271mm [23.5]
|Binding Compatibility||Tech, frame, Kingpin|
|Materials||Polyolefine, Grilamid, Carbon|
|Liner||Thermo Fit CF 3D Womens|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Oversize cuff pivots are durable|
|Bottom Line||Hikes well, charges on the down|
|Compare to other Womens Boots|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.