The SCARPA Gea RS might be a showstopper for its looks, but it's also a performer in the backcountry. The Gea RS utilizes Grilamid Bio which has increased the torsional rigidity while also keeping emissions down from production; this is good for both the skier and our wonderful winter environment. While there has been a few changes with this iteration of the Gea RS, some key features have stayed the same. One of those key components is the well-designed HRS strap that keeps your heel planted firmly in the heel pocket giving the skier a fit that is unmatched in this category. Heel slop be gone, good times may proceed. The Wave Closure system is still an integral part of this boot offering two-buckle security with one cable giving the Gea RS great weight savings without compromising performance. This offers a feeling of security in those tight trees or open lines that await. The SCARPA Gea RS also sports a ski/walk mechanism that offers a strong and friction-free connection point for the upper and lower cuff. SCARPA's stiffest and most powerful women’s specific boot to date, what we are calling the Gea RS 3.0, is ready for any adventure while being a little more friendly to the environment.
- Bi-injected shell combining Grilamid and Carbon Grilamid LFT, keeps the weight down and keeps torsional rigidity high.
- Environmentally friendly Grilamid Bio in the upper cuff means lower emissions and high ski performance which makes us happy.
- Speedlock XT ski/walk mechanism creates a bomber connection and excellent power transfer which will build confidence straight-lining down steep couloirs.
- HRS strap and lower Wave Closure system steps away from the standard buckles and offers great heel retention without sacrificing weight.
- Intuition liner which is known for its thermoformability and warmth is a comfy addition to a great boot.
|Weight (pair)||2680g |
||3 Buckles+ Power Strap|
||16° +/- 2°|
||Carbon Grilamid LFT, Grilamid Bio, Pebax|
||SCARPA Pro Flex Performance|
||Vibram Cayman PRO (ISO 9523)|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Free touring, backcountry skiing|
|Notes||Grilamid Bio material, updated power strap, beefy walk lever, and a nice color scheme|
|Bottom Line||Powerful touring boot|
|Compare to other Womens Boots|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.