Among a sea of tech bindings with subtle distinctions, the Ski Trab Titan Vario.2’s singular titanium toe rod and gapless heel instantly stand out. After a few seconds of learning how to step in, its general effect is to instantly win over a new convert to this rare Italian import. The principal drawback of this binding’s design was that its delights were limited to heavier, or at least adult, skiers. The Ski Trab Vario.2 Kid binding amends this omission with a preset release value of “2-4,” squarely within the release range of kids and/or petite skiers. That’s right, now your kids can make use of the exact same independent toe retention, heel ‘return-to-center’ action, and gapless heel track, which together make this among the most durable and consistent releasing of any backcountry binding, let alone those under 300 grams. Did we mention it comes in a handsome green hue? Enable your (and our) Trab obsession with the Ski Trab Vario.2 Kid binding!
- Toe piece is built around a single titanium rod that can flex independently to either side, preventing pre-release, and is less prone to failure due to snow buildup.
- Optional friction-free brakes effectively arrest runaway skis and do not affect binding release values.
- 8mm of elasticity in the heel counteract the effect of ski flex on release values and provide energy return throughout a ski turn.
- Race flap comes directly over the heel pins, while flat mode and high riser are available by rotating the heel.
- Ski crampon receptor at the rear end of the toe piece is available should your family decide to really test 'em.
- Release is fixed at a value lower than adult versions of this binding.
||Accessory 78, 85, 94|
||Included Option, subtract 4g per binding from the listed weight when removed|
||Titanium toe bar, Ergal aluminum frame, steel pins|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Light weight skier touring|
|Notes||Gapless heel keeps the release consistent while the ski is flexing|
|Bottom Line||Low release value binding with all the Trab benefits|
|Compare to other Lean Bindings|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.