Historically, the lack of backcountry equipment designed for children was a convenient excuse to leave them behind for some much-needed alone time in the backcountry. Unfortunately (fortunately?), ATK is blowing this excuse out of the water with the introduction of the ATK Candy 5. While bindings designed for smaller skiers traditionally have been relatively clunky affairs, the Candy 5 takes all the design features found on "adult" bindings and have applied them to a, shall we say, “sweet” binding dedicated to skiers less than 40kg (88 pounds for you Americans). The result is an easy-to-use, simple, and lightweight binding that will allow your kiddos to fully enjoy their backcountry experience. And with the 50mm of heel adjustment, there is room to accommodate the larger and larger boots that are sure to come. If you are looking to give your kids the same backcountry experience you crave, the ATK Candy 5 won't let you down.
- Elastic Response System provides 10mm of rear heal travel to ensure the release values stay consistent.
- Cam Release System helps with the ease of stepping in and allows for adjustment of the vertical release value.
- Easy Entry System features a new toe geometry that helps to make stepping in easy to do.
- Release values range from 1.5-5 accommodating your child for years.
- Lightweight which makes it easy on the legs.
- Optional 50mm heel riser available here for when the goin' gets steep.
||75mm, 86mm, 91mm, 97mm, 102mm|
||Flat + optional 50mm|
||7075 aluminum, stainless steel, POM, 30% carbon fiber composite|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Full featured binding for your munchkins|
|Bottom Line||Very low release values for very light skiers|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.