Charging uphill as Dynafit's flagship ISMF-compliant race pack, the DNA Race Pack has some large (carbon fiber) boots to fill. The DNA includes plenty of features and is built with a very lightweight material that is gear towards racing (versus the Speed 20 which is a tougher fabric also suited for touring). A shoulder strap mounted bottle holder encourages proper hydration habits but is quickly removable in case you don't like water. Ice axe duties are handled by a simple but secure cable and bungee. One large side zipper provides access to the main compartment and its contents. With ample usable volume, the DNA is the choice for the majority of athletes looking for a pack that can be used for most races.
- A zippered waterproof security pocket encourages you to put the phone away.
- External helmet attachment can hold your noggin-protector while training.
- Crampon pouch with a large Velcro door also stores extra layers or food.
- Detachable ski carry hook lets you streamline the pack further.
- Breathable shoulder straps help prevent sweat build-up.
- Ice axe holder can secure a race-axe.
|Access||Two side, one top slot for probe|
|Hydration||Removeable bottle holder and bladder compatible|
|Ski Carry||Detachable speed hook for diagonal carry|
|Shovel / Probe||Shovel inside, outside slot for probe|
|Ice Axe||Speed holder on back|
|Stash Pockets||Velcro-accessed crampon pouch|
|Security Pocket||Zippered waterproof internal stash pocket|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Skimo racing, speed touring|
|Notes||Great water options, mesh straps allow good airflow, external helmet attachment|
|Bottom Line||Extremely well-designed race pack|
|Compare to other Race Packs|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.