The Speed 20 is Dynafit's black-and-white answer to the difficult question: "what backpack should I wear?" Loaded with enough features to satisfy the demands of weight-conscious mountaineers and ergonomic enough to use for races, the Speed 20 is a viable retort. One huge pocket with side-zip access takes care of safety equipment, extra layers, and food. A Velcro side-pouch can hold crampons or an extra water bottle. The body is made of 210D rip-stop nylon so durability will be the last thing on your mind. The Speed 20 is an updated version of the RC 20 which has your back but won’t hold you back.
- Honeycomb Superlight nylon is a tough 210-denier rip-stop.
- Adjustable-height sternum strap helps dial in skin-access.
- Anatomical Airmesh back keeps air moving where it should.
- Removable shoulder-mounted bottle holder has heat-reflective lining.
- Velcro crampon pouch can also be used for layers or what-have-you.
- Ice-axe holder and safety box round out the complete pack.
- Hydration-compatible compartment and shoulder strap.
- Ski-carry system can be detached for vertical/simple races.
- Waterproof internal security pocket keeps your secrets.
- Helmet holder expands from a horizontal zipper along the bottom of the pack.
Update 2019/20 - New color option of 'methyl blue/black with flecks of orange'.
|Access||Side zipper, velcro crampon box|
|Hydration||Bladder compatible, removable front water bottle holder|
|Ski Carry||Detachable race-hook|
|Shovel / Probe||Dedicated internal shovel / probe pocket|
|Ice Axe||Speed carry|
|Security Pocket||Waterproof internal zip|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Ski touring, fitness-skiing|
|Notes||Chest-strap can be adjusted up or down|
|Bottom Line||Big enough to hold everything you need and not a candy bar more|
|Compare to other Race Packs|
Questions & Reviews
Another question relating to size. Does this pack fit smaller people? I’m around 165cm. Or do you have another recommendation?
Best regards from Erik.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.