How many features can you pack into a pair of poles without sacrificing simplicity? The Kohla Evolution Feather Pro answers the question: a lot. The Feather Pro is a two-section adjustable pole with an aluminum upper and a carbon lower. The carbon lower substantially reduces swing-weight while the 7075 aluminum keeps things reasonably affordable and high on the durability charts. The carbon lower can be equipped with asymmetric Aero Baskets that are oversized for extra flotation without giving up any hard snow grip. If offset trailing baskets aren’t your style, swap in the included powder baskets. The handles feature a gripper that is useful for manipulating bindings. Is this the ultimate high-performance touring pole? Chances are you’ll discover that it doesn’t get a whole lot better than Kohla’s Evolution Feather Pro.
- AL 7075 T6 upper is a sturdy 16mm in diameter while the 100% Carbon lower is 14mm and keeps swing weight very low.
- 2K-Picco Handle is good for all kinds of things, but mostly you just hold on to it.
- Length is adjustable from 82-140cm and the grip strap is also adjustable.
- EVA grip is long, insulating, and allows for comfortable side-hilling.
- WIDIA Tip is strong and will provide firm grip on hard snow and ice.
- S-Lock adjustment is sturdy and provides a firm lock.
- Replacement lower shafts available if you break one.
|Basket & Tip||WIDIA Tip with Aero or Powder basket|
|Materials||Carbon, AL 7075 T6, EVA Foam|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Fast touring, training, racing|
|Notes||Included a bonus set of trailing Aero baskets|
|Bottom Line||One of the most streamlined adjustable touring poles|
|Compare to other Adjustable Ski Poles|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.