If you were to look up the definition of “Freeride Skiing” in the Merriam-Webster dictionary, you wouldn’t find anything, because such a definition doesn’t exist. If it did exist, however, we like to envision it being narrated in the voice of Sir David Attenborough as a waxing-poetic ode to the ultimate freedom that can only be obtained by ski touring. It was this same sense of freedom that guided Kohla in the development of their latest Freeride skin. By finding the right combination of mohair and nylon, Kohla has delivered a skin that is durable enough to handle morning after morning of fresh snow crystals scraping away at your plush while remaining lightweight with plenty of glide so you can sneak in that extra lap at the end of the day. The specially formulated Smart Glue that's easy to pull apart is equally at home on brutally cold mid-winter ascents as it is hunting for corn during springtime missions. The standard stainless-steel tip attachments come in two widths, with the ability to put on additional tip attachments designed to work with tip notches or prefabricated skin attachments, for the freedom to use on any type of ski. Keeping within the theme of reliability, Kohla sources high quality materials that can withstand the harsh conditions likely to be found on your next adventure. For a versatile mix skin that allows you to access freedom, however you define it, then the Freeride skin from Kohla should be on your shortlist.
- Freeride Mohair mix combines nylon and mohair into a well-rounded, durable skin.
- Smart Glue works down to -22 degrees Fahrenheit and remains easy to pull off skis in any conditions.
- Fluorocarbon impregnation gives better glide out of the box.
- High-precision laser cut finish provides clean edges right from the factory.
- K-clip spring tail attachment is secure and easy to use.
- Easy length adjustment is facilitated by an elastic strap.
- Stainless steel tip attachment comes in two widths (85mm and 110mm).
- Customizable fastening system works with a variety of different skis.
- Fiber Seal Technology is 100% waterproof to protect your skins in wet conditions.
- Made in Austria without the use of solvents.
|Weight per skin (with backing)||312g [135mm x 163-169]|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.