We’re not sure but we think the “S” stands for “Super”. The new Pomoca Super treatment on the old reliable Climb Pro Glide skins makes them even better at sliding. The friction coefficient is now more akin to racing formulas than to similar mohair-mix skins. Good sliding technique will be rewarded with up to 20% energy savings on an average climb, a figure extrapolated from recent lab tests. The Climb Pro S-Glides are 70% mohair, 30% nylon, and 100% fast. The skins feature the manageable Pomoca glue formula and easy-to-use tip brackets and tail clips. These are likely the default skin choice for interested ski tourers.
- Safer Skin Light membrane is waterproof, tear-resistant, and tends to hold its hairs in place.
- Ever Dry 2.0 is a water-shedding treatment the prevents potentially heavy water soakage.
- S-Glide concoction is applied at the end to give you a lifelong friction-reducing stride.
- ClickLock is a tip system that allows you to swap square brackets to match your ski tips.
- Adjustable tail clips ride up and down a thick stretchy strap that is notched for good hold.
- Kits come with a trimmer that is much easier to use that the letter-opener style skin trimmers.
- Comes with a skin bag for carrying your climbers and for long-term storage across seasons.
- Skins come with tips attached except Universal length, otherwise known as "Back Fix" in Pomoca-speak.
- Universal Kits - 185cm of material with tails attached; cut to ski length and attach the tips before trimming.
Update 2020/21: The S-Glide skins are now made with a thinner backing material and they have redesigned Click Lock tip attachments and tail hooks that enhance durability. The skins are about 40g lighter out of the box with the same grip and amazing glide. They now come in a zippered hard-case.
|Weight per skin (with backing)||314g [120mm x 165-180]|
Questions & Reviews
188cm 138-108-128 ski dimensions
Great question! For your ski, I'd recommend going with the 140mm x 185-200cm.
Great question! Sadly we do not carry Pomoca specific splitboard attachments. We do however have a "G3 Splitboard Tail Clip Assembley" which would pair with the "G3 Tail Connector Kit". These can be found under G3 Skin Parts
175 length (132/105/119)
The best fit for your skis would be the 120mm x 165-180cm!
What would be the best skins for 168cm/124 mm tip width/76 waist width/105 tail width? Would the 100mm be okay, or larger and cut to size for maximum grip?
That would be a matter of personal preference. With the 120mm skin, you would get wall to wall coverage except for a sliver of exposed base in the widest portion of the tip. This would maximize uphill grip. If you went with the 100mm skin, the area underfoot would have full coverage, which is the most important when considering uphill traction. However, there would be areas of exposed base in the tip and tail, which would provide more glide than the 120mm.
Bought them too long.
Can I shorten them?
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.