The Spitfire is La Sportiva's premium all-around ski mountaineering boot, and is chock full of trademarked innovations that leverage years of experience in footwear design. Two buckles on a G-Shell™ shell and Carbon Reinforced Polymer (CRP) Cuff™ make this a light and fast touring boot with serious skiability. After experiencing the amazing 68 degree range of motion in walk mode, expect quick transitions with a patent pending Cam Closure System™ that locks you into ski mode with one flip of the QuickBuckle™. Then rely on the Vertebra Technology™ to provide a stiff backbone for precision turns on the down. La Sportiva didn't leave out the comforts with a generous last, flex-zoned Paulau™ liners, and added cold protection from the WarmSole™ insoles.
- Carbon reinforced cuff provides extra power for driving wider skis or a heavier load.
- Vertebra Technology™ provides stiffness, working like an exoskeleton to deliver power down the backbone.
- G-Shell™ is an ultralight Grilamid® that allows for thinner shells with the same power transfer.
- Get the most out of your downhill with the optional power strap (22g/0.8oz) and spoiler (22g/0.8oz) included.
- LazerGrip Outsole™ is harder in the toe and heel for more confident climbing on rock and ice and softer under the ball of the foot for maximum shock absorption.
- Enjoy unrestricted ankle motion with the EZ Flex™ tongue system, borrowed from La Sportiva's proven mountain boots.
- Dial in your forefoot with the simple EZ Cable™ buckle that works in conjunction with the flexible tongue.
- CRP Cuff™ has 68° of motion for long strides and maximum agility.
- Choose from three different forward lean options (12, 14, or 16 degrees) to adapt to your ski style.
- Fast Lock System™ is an all-in-one closure system that combines walk / ski mode changes with buckle open / close.
- 2BT Tech Heel™ reduces your heel slippage with a low volume yet comfortable fit.
- Keep your feet warmer than in other boots with the WarmSole™ insoles that prevent cold transfer through the sole.
- Paulau™ thermo-moldable liners have a patented lacing system to provide a custom snug fit.
The boot comes with the 14º lean plate installed. To change the lean settings, use a screwdriver to replace the plate with either the higher or lower notched plates included in the box.
|Weight (pair)||2332g |
|Buckles||2 w/ Fast Lock|
|Boot Sole Length||277mm [25/25.5]
|Binding Compatibility||Tech only|
|Forward Lean(s)||12°, 14°, 16°|
|Materials||Grilamid shell, PA12 nylon & carbon cuff, pebax tongue|
|Liner||Paulau with lacing system|
|Sole||LazerGrip w/ varying hardness|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Recreational racing, long tours|
|Notes||Comfortable for most, huge range of motion, great power transfer.|
|Bottom Line||Great blend of comfort, performance and weight.|
Questions & Reviews
What to do?
I took a chance based on past LaSportiva quality / fit and purchased the spitfires. I've been very happy ever since.
For the price (quite affordable comparatively); great fit, light weight, plenty stiff, good durability (60+ days so far with no problems and little wear), keep my feet warm (I fit for comfort), and plenty of style (not as important, but ... you know). Most importantly for me ... they easily fit a larger american foot.
Can easily buckle / unbuckle the top latch without lifting my pant cuffs. Have never had any compatibility problems with my bindings (Dynafit Speed Rads). I've used them with the CAMP Race 290 crampons ... booted a few thousand feet with no problems. I had the liner molded with no issues (other than the guy who did it at the local store didn't really know jack about how to do it - not Sportivas problem).
Most friends say "I didn't know LaSportiva made ski boots".
Well, they do. And they are pretty great.
Looking forward to choosing another pair of Sportiva boots in a few years.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.