The original 100% 3k Twill carbon-fiber boot, the Stratos EVO, is the result of years of research and development by La Sportiva and its winning skimo team. At only 558g (1lb 3.7oz) without the liner, these are the lightest boots on the market that fully cover the liners so you don't end up with wet feet after booting or skinning through powder. Designed for fast race transitions, the EVO has only one buckle which integrates the buckle with the ski / walk mode switch. And with features like a built-in shock absorber on the anchor / leverage device, the boots ski suprisingly well.
- Super soft thermo-formable Stratos liner (165g / 5.8oz) has a patented lacing system and flex zones for maximum comfort and a tight fit.
- Optional bikini-style liner (105g / 3.7oz) is an ultralight two-piece system designed specifically for racing.
- Spring-loaded, one-motion lock lever will get you transitioned as fast as possible.
- Lock lever is designed to absorb shock between the medial tibia and cuff while skiing.
- Tech fittings are made of high resistance steel, with the rear being coated in carbon.
- Integrated strechy gaiter with zipper is easy to get in and out of while preventing snow and water from soaking the liners.
- Grippy Vibram soles have a highly durable 75-shore rubber in the toe and heel to prevent wear.
** Please be warned that carbon fiber (even the strong 3k kind) is not the most impact resistant material and there has been at least one report of a shell cracking with a hard blow from a rock. However, if you plan only on racing, careful touring, and resort uphilling, these boots will get you to where you're going in a hurry. Due to the specific nature and price of the Stratos EVO, please contact us to order the boots so we can get you the best fit possible.
|Weight (pair)||1316g |
||1 w/ zippered gaitor|
||100% 3k Twill carbon fiber|
||Stratos or Bikini|
||Vibram with rubber toe & heel|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Skimo racing, resort uphilling|
|Notes||Shock absorbing lock mechanism, awesome carbon look|
|Bottom Line||Lightest full coverage boots on the market|
Questions & Reviews
La Sportiva has one last pair of these old model boots and after some negotiating, they are willing to sell to me for $750. New in box and with a super gucci custom carrying bag....(but while nice, who cares about that). Would anyone at SkimoCo have a memory of these and be able to tell me if these suckers would still ski as well or better as the current models in the same price range or even more expensive like the Scarpa Alien 3? I tried them on and they are really nice and stiff and easy to use but not sure if the price is worth it considering these came out some time ago. They only weigh like 650g in my 28.5 Thoughts? Worth it?
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.