Mammut Alugator Light Shovel
In Stock & Ships Today
A basic-yet-advanced aluminum shovel that won’t weigh you down. The Mammut Alugator Light features an anodized blade and telescopic shaft for some serious digging. The automatic zipper-lock system allows for quick assembly and deployment. The blade has stabilization ribs for rigidity, yet the back remains flat, which helps when cutting a snow profile. There are also strategically placed holes which cut weight and double as attachments points for building a sled or anchor. Best of all, the shovel is lightweight and the blade has a space-saving design that sits relatively flat in your pack. The Alugator Light is a great starter and finisher shovel for beginners and experts alike.
- Blade is made from hardened and anodized aluminum, and is meant to take some abuse.
- Space-saving blade design has pre-formed stabilization ribs for maximum rigidity.
- Telescopic shaft is oval shaped for strength and has very little play in the joints.
- Zipper-locking system enables precise guidance during a rushed assembly.
- Symmetrical T-grip handle optimizes transfer of energy from arm to blade.
- Attachment holes allow for building of snow anchors and rescue sleds.
- Blade is sharpened and has integrated steps for adding foot pressure.
Update 2018/19: Mammut updated the colors because you love orange.
Update 2019/20: Mammut again updated the Alugator colors, and this time managed to make what might possibly be the prettiest shovel ever. If you've read this far, comment below whether 'Dragonfruit', 'Gold', or 'Neon Orange' is the best new color.
|Blade Dimensions||24.5cm x 21cm (514.5cm²)|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Space-saving blade design|
|Bottom Line||Light metal shovel|
|Compare to other Shovels|
Questions & Reviews
I was looking for a shovel on the smaller end of the spectrum (I'm not a burly dude, and the snow is really dense around here). It's absolutely perfect, and moves snow with a quickness!
super light. no reason not to bring it ever.
moves a ton of snow. lots of beacon practice avy pits and a couple snow caves and it works great for all.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.