Petzl's latest lighting creation strays away from conventional headlamp design in order to create an even more ergonomic and comfortable option. Be gone front-heavy, stretchy bands! The IKO headlamp increases air circulation during those uphill sprints and balances the weight by utilizing what they're calling the AIRFIT headband. This semi-rigid headband places the lamp upfront and the power source in the back. Easily adjusted and intuitive, the IKO fits helmets just fine. This last factoid is especially great for early dawn patrols or those times when the powder is just too good to call it quits, despite a quickly setting sun. Flick on the IKO and let the lumens assist you in making nighttime turns and avoiding trees, cliffs, and any nocturnal mountain creatures that might be lurking around.
- IPX4 (weather-resistant) rating is a fancy way of saying it can handle sweat, melted snow, and spilled beverages.
- Various lighting settings to match your intended use: two beam types (flood or mixed) and different brightness levels.
- IKO features HYBRID CONCEPT which means it accepts both standard batteries for an output of 350 lumens or the Petzl CORE battery for an output of 500 lumens!
- Two LOCK functions to make sure you don't accidentally drain the battery.
- Battery charge indicator lights to make sure you're fully juiced at all times.
- Storage pouch pulls double duty as a lantern.
- Easily flattened to reduce storage bulk.
- Compatible with all Petzl helmets.
|Charging Time||3 hrs|
IKO CORE 500
79g [IKO CORE]
|Battery Life||IKO 2hrs max power
IKO CORE 2hrs30 max power
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Dawn patrols, dusk patrols, night racing,|
|Notes||Works with either 3 AAA batteries or the Petzl CORE battery|
|Bottom Line||Comfy, innovative headband up to the task|
|Compare to other Headlamps|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.