The original Tikka from Petzl is back. Just as small and light as before but now with more lighting power. In a teensy package with 3 settings plus a red light, this little guy will keep your life lit up before the sun comes up (or after it goes down!). The Tikka is great to keep in the car so you don’t forget it when you’re groggily preparing for a dawn patrol. At 350 lumens in Distance mode, it will nicely light up the skin track or vague deer trail. Hanging in camp waiting for the storm to break? The low-lumen setting lasts 110 hours, which hopefully is longer than your reading time in the tent. The new Tikka is also compatible with Petzl's CORE rechargeable system, which ups the max lumens to 450. The Petzl Tikka is a great headlamp at a great price.
- Three lighting modes: proximity, movement, and distance.
- Single-button operation is easy to use even with gloves.
- Red light mode prevents blinding you or your friends.
- Phosphorescent reflector helps find the lamp in the dark.
- Comes with 3 AAA batteries or uses a CORE rechargeable.
- Weatherproof IP X4 casing for use in all conditions.
- Compact and lightweight for easy storage.
- Max distance: 70 meters (230 feet).
- Max burn time: 110 hours (0.15 months).
- Max brightness: 350 lumens (1 camera flash).
Update 2019/20: Tikka is now 300 lumens, up from 200.
Update 2022/23: Another bump in lumens up to 350, or 400 if you use the optional CORE battery.
Update 2023: Lumens with the CORE battery now stands at 450 lumens. Also added is a lockout feature to ensure your light doesn't accidentally turn on and drain battery.
||93g [w/ batteries]|
|Battery Life||2 hrs [distance]
9 hrs [movement]
60 hrs [proximity]
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Dawn patrols, backup|
|Notes||Hybrid Core battery system sold seperately|
|Bottom Line||Simple, bright, affordable|
|Compare to other Headlamps|
Questions & Reviews
Starting with the 2023 model, it does! Press and hold the on/off button till the indicator light flashes red a couple of times (about 4 seconds). Then, to unlock it, press and hold the button till the light turns on, or press the on/off button 4 times in a row.
Yes it is! With both the Petzl Actik and the Petzl Actik Core headlamps.
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.