The XS version of the Guide binding is tailored towards lighter skiers. Plum used softer springs to achieve release values appropriate for smaller skiers, but otherwise the binding is just as robust. It is fully featured with multiple risers, locked/unlocked modes, and adjustment for different boot lengths. You can choose from a brakeless version for the best uphill performance, or a version with brakes to safely stop your skis. The Plum Guide XS is are great touring binding for skiers with a charted release value of 3.5 – 7. To find out if that is you, check out our release value calculator.
- Flat mode plus a low and high riser are activated by rotating the heel.
- Locked uphill & unlocked skiing modes available with a flip of the toe lever.
- Optional brake widths now of 85mm, 95mm, 105mm or 115mm fit a good range of skis.
- 30mm of Boot Sole Length adjustment adapts to growing feet.
- Innovative slot accepts Plum crampons as a skinning aid.
- Brakeless version includes a pair of Plum leashes.
||336g [no brake]
|Weight (pair)||672g [no brake]
||Optional, or leashes|
||2 + flat|
||Plum crampons only|
||Aluminum, steel, polyvinyl|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||Purple! (or blue)|
|Bottom Line||Fully featured binding for lighter skiers|
Compare to other Lean Bindings
Compare to other Full-featured Bindings
Questions & Reviews
On these Plum XS binding with brakes, in your opinion could the 95mm brakes be tweaked just a little to accommodate a 99mm waist ski?
Are the bindings removable on the plum guide purple? Thanks
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.