The Venom LT Tech Axe has a few tricks up its sleeve, and it’s sure to impress even the most curmudgeonly Black Diamond fans. Strip off the pommel and hammer attachments, swap out the pick (not included), and you’ve got yourself a svelte Venom LT Classic Axe. But that's just act one! Now grab a Transfer LT Shovel Blade, insert the axe shaft as a handle, and the tool shapeshifts into avy gear before your eyes. An impressive show of transformation! In its stock configuration, the Venom LT Tech Axe is right at home in ski mountaineering or general alpine environments. The ergonomic forged aluminum head, grooved shaft, and steel spike provide plenty of purchase on committing routes. Eliminate redundant equipment in your pack with Black Diamond's Venom LT Tech tool, then forge ahead bolder and lighter.
- Swappable hot-forged Tech LT Pick will take some use and abuse and come out smiling.
- Steel spike can plunge into just about anything and is replaceable if necessary.
- Forged aluminum head and hammer attachment provides versatility to tackle most objectives.
- Functions as a shovel handle with the Transfer LT Shovel Blade, freeing up valuable pack space.
- Comes with and adjustable pommel for security when picking your way up a tight coulie.
- Removeable hammer attachment for pounding or adding pick weight.
Removeable hammer and pommel weigh 44g and 18g respectively.
|Hot forged pick, aluminum head and adze, aluminum shaft
|Skimo Co Says
|Ski mountaineering and some alpine routes
|Can be paired with the Transfer LT Shovel blade
|Versatile tool for ski mountaineering
|Compare to other Ice Axes
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.