The benefits of skiing with a Whippet are undeniable and when you need it, it’s irreplaceable. When you don’t need it, it feels a bit like running with scissors. Sometimes you don’t know if you’ll need it until you get there. Is this going to be a high-speed corn lap or a side-slipping nail-biter? If it’s going to be a ripping corn lap it’s nice to not be skiing with a knife in your hand. If you time it wrong or plans change and its slide-for-life conditions, whip out the Black Diamond Whippet Attachment and whip it onto your Whippet Ready pole. If you know how great a Whippet is, this will be a no-brainer. If you haven’t yet experienced the joy of a Whippet, it should be at the top of your list of new gear to try. The Black Diamond Whippet Attachment is your friend in too many situations to list. Sold as a single unit; i.e., you need two for a pair of poles.
- Compatible with all Whippet Ready poles, such as the Traverse 2.
- ClickLock mechanism establishes a solid connection to any Whippet Ready pole.
- Large canard wing provides extra purchase in the snow for self-arrest.
- Steel pick is sturdy and will withstand dings from rocks.
- The next generation of the famed Whippet pole.
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Ski mountaineering, steep skiing|
|Notes||Self-arrest capability added to a pole.|
|Bottom Line||A safer Whippet|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.