Blizzard talked Pomoca into making a specially formulated nap for their precut skins. Called Velvet, the unique mix of fibers is harvested from mostly or completely dead animals and/or plants. Hard to say for sure, but something was probably alive at some point or at least considered organic. It was probably orange whatever it was. Or maybe the fibers were dyed with something inspired by Yellow No. 6, the only orange shade approved by the FDA. We do know the glue is Pomoca’s best, and thus some of the best on the market. The membrane between the two is light, strong, and waterproof; also Pomoca’s finest. As is the simple tip and tail clips that work great with the Zero G skis. Did we mention they work with Blizzard Zero G skis? Yep, out of the box.
- Velvet is a unique Pomoca formula that is uniquely unique and orange.
- Safer Skin Light membrane is the best way to attach fur to skis in Switzerland.
- Standard Pomoca glue is reliable yet not too tacky so you can pull skins apart.
- Custom metal clips fit securely on the slightly recessed tips of Blizzard backcountry skis.
- Adjustable tail clips fit into the notches Blizzard designed for said adjustable tail clips.
- Universal skins are 125mm wide with a tail kit: you can fit any ski by attaching the tails and trimming.
- Precut versions with tails attached are available for all sizes of Zero G 85, 95, and 105 skis.
Update 2020/21: Blizzard updated the tip attachments to be custom metal clips that seat in the slight recess at the tips of newer Zero G skis; the plush is the same and the tail attachments are still the standard Pomoca rubber straps. The updated version doesn't work as well with pre-2019/20 skis that don't have the tip recess.
Update 2021/22: Blizzard has changed the tip buckle on the Universal-length skins to a standard Pomoca tip buckle to be able to work on all ski tips. Now you can use the fast Blizzard orange skins on any ski! The precut 85/95/105 skins still use the metal clasp introduced in 2020/21.
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.