The 'Free' in 'Free Pro 2.0' is there because these skins are so light, you might become confused while skinning and believe that you've floated free from the constraints of gravity. The Pomoca Free Pro 2.0 skins are a 70/30 mohair blend sewn onto an ultra-thin, ultra-packable backing material. Sprinkled with Pomoca's industry topping waterproof coating and shipped with a traditional tip basket and elastic tail strap, these skins have turned heads throughout the ski world and have inspired many ski mountaineers to make the switch to pink skins. Pomoca set out to build a skin that would appeal to ski mountaineers with their light weight, and appeal to freeskiers with their width. The Pomoca Free Pro 2.0 ticks all the boxes you need to summit a mountain in the morning and to charge a spine in the afternoon.
- At 123mm or 140mm wide, these skins fit the fattest powder skis and come with a quick trimming tool to customize for the most efficient skinning experience.
- Grams add up, and with that in mind, Pomoca used SSL (Safer Skin Light) membranes, cutting roughly 12% or 60-75g of weight from each pair of skins.
- Pomoca Ever Dry 2.0 is more environmentally friendly than the original Ever Dry, and coats the entire skin in a hydrophobic layer.
- The metal Fat Lock tip clip fits any ski, and doesn't require a pinhole or notch -- it just clips over the front of the ski.
- Ultra-thin backing material means the skins pack down into a tiny package that fits in many jacket pockets.
- The way Pomoca weaves their fibers ensures longevity, glide and most importantly, grip.
- A 90mm elastic strap on the tail of the skin adjusts easily for length and offers reliable hold.
Update 2020/21: The skins are now made with redesigned Click Lock tip attachments and tail hooks that enhance durability and versatility. Packaged in a cool new zippered case, these skins have the same climbing prowess and amazing glue that one expects from the Pomoca name.
|Weight per skin (with backing)||240g [123mm x 155-170]
250g [123mm x 165-180]
286g [140mm x 165-180]
304g [140mm x 175-190]
Questions & Reviews
BTW, I have used these on icy conditions as well and they performed just fine.
I tour in the northeast and while I've been touring for over a decade and am not new to skinning technique, there are always some tricky ascents while searching for new zones.
Of course, being so light there is the question about grip - but I have found them to be just as reliable as all other options even in icy or spring conditions.
After 2 seasons of heavy use they are starting to show some signs of wear but I'm very happy with their performance.
Im looking for a psir of skins to work with 170cm blizzard zero G 95s, and 172 volkl blaze 94s
Will the 123mm x 155-170 mm stretch long enough for the 172? (Im not bothered if there is less tail coverage)
Based on the tail width of 120mm on your Bent Chetler 100's, I would go with the 120mm x 175-190cm. However, since we do not have that in stock currently, the 140mm x 175-190cm will certainly work, you will just have some additional trimming to do. For other skin options, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
You'll want the 140mm x 175-190cm, which we unfortunately do not have in stock at the moment, though we are expecting more soon. If you shoot us an email at email@example.com, we can set you up to receive an email as soon as they arrive.
123mm x 165-180.
Sadly, we will not be receiving any further shipments of Pomoca Free Pro 2.0 trim to fit skins this season. However, we do have plenty of Free Pro 2.0 available Off The Roll in the 140mm width if you would like to embark on a custom build!
- Those who have used both, is there a noticeable difference in grip?
- Durability - has anyone experienced ripping or tearing? I would like these to last ~3 pairs of skis (this is the lifespan I have had on previous skins)
- Weight/packability, I hear the the S-Glide Pro has a lighter backing this year, has anyone compared the two new versions?
I really want to get them, but I'm unsure... I know the G3 tip attachments would work, but I'd rather get these Pomocas...
Thanks for the question. I just tried the skins on downstairs and it looks like they'll fit! For the width, you'll be good to go with the 123mm!
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.