Just as Sauron crafted one ring to rule them all, CAMP crafted the Speed Raptor 30 to rule all your pack needs. This intelligently laid out pack borrows the best traits from skimo and freeride-oriented ski packs to create an adventure-ready companion, eagerly awaiting your next ski mountaineering mission. While booting often feels like crawling up the fiery slopes of Mount Doom, the X-Press ski carry and easy-to-reach crampon pocket will make short work of transitions, allowing you to get on with the task at hand. The updated ergonomics allow the pack to sit more naturally on your back and distribute the load more evenly, which will help while balancing on the knife-edge ridge traverse. The durable 420 denier nylon fabric is extremely tough and will withstand everything but the fiery depths of Mount Doom. If you’re after a companion as reliable as Samwise Gamgee, then bring along the Speed Raptor 30 on the next adventure.
- 420D face fabric is bombproof.
- Big brother to the Ski Raptor 20.
- Dedicated avalanche tool pocket.
- X-press carry system can be used whether the pack is fully loaded or nearly empty and allows for the pack to remain on while transitioning to booting.
- Side entry crampon pocket makes grabbing your crampons or extra layer easy, and the added magnets guide the zippered pocket into the ideal place for ease of use.
- A-Frame ski carry.
- Crampon pocket can be zipped open from the inside, to expand the capacity of the main compartment.
- The ice axe holder is secured with webbing on the bottom and elastic on the top, allowing for access without removing the pack.
- Attachment for poles and a helmet.
- Revised ergonomic and breathable back panel fully opens to allow access to all the layers.
- Hydration compatible for hose suckers.
- External edging on the shoulder straps equates to greater comfort.
- The waist has elastic pockets on both sides and a gear loop on the right side.
- Height Adjustable chest strap.
- Top pocket has zipper access.
- Top handle is beneficial for carrying.
|Access||Top, side, and back|
|Ski Carry||X-Press & lateral|
|Shovel / Probe||Dedicated pocket|
|Ice Axe||External look|
|Stash Pockets||2 on waist belt|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Ski mountaineering, ski touring|
|Notes||Ventilated back panel|
|Bottom Line||Maximum features in a well thought out pack|
|Compare to other Backpacks|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.