The Carbonio 88 is a limited edition speed touring ski with a stiff carbon construction. Available only at select dealers, the Carbonio series features micro sidewalls, flex tips, and a souped-up carbon layup that maximizes downhill performance. The skis are on the stiffer side, so better suited towards big or aggressive skiers. The 88mm-wide version of the Carbonio is the light-n-fast touring width, equally suited to hard and soft snow. The Carbonio is for discerning skiers who want the biggest reward for their efforts.
- Full-length micro sidewalls improve the dampness and edge hold on hard snow.
- Reinforced binding areas virtually eliminate any chance of pullout while skiing.
- Dual radius design lets you control the turn shape to adapt to various terrain.
- Full carbon wrap construction means low weight and high torsional stiffness.
- 3D Flex tips are hollowed to make them light and floaty in soft snow.
- Paulownia wood core is the industry standard for lightweight skis.
|Lengths (cm)||158, 167, 176, 184|
|Weight (pair)||2200g |
|Turn Radius||14.5/13.9 M 
15.7/15.1 M 
17.2/16.5 M 
18.9/18.2 M 
|Skin Fix||Tip notch, tail notch|
|Profile||Scoop rocker, camber underfoot, flat tail|
|Shape||Long tip, dual radius, pintail|
|Construction||Carbon cap with micro side-wall|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Light and fast mountaineering|
|Notes||Tapered tail help pack loop insertion|
|Bottom Line||Classic Dynafit shape redone to be stiffer and lighter|
Questions & Reviews
I paired them with the Plum race 150 which produces a quite lightweight but reliable setup, and have skied them with both TLT 5 performances and Salomon S-lab X-alps, All of which pair together nicely.
For reference I recently switched from a pair of Volkl Nanuq's with Dynafit Speed Radicals, a much more traditional, heavier setup. I have been pleasantly surprised to find little to no difference in skiablility, if anything the carbonios ski better.
I've been looking for a lightweight set up for ski mountaineering (not racing). The two skis that I find most attractive are the Voile Objective and the Dynafit Carbono. Wondering how these two compare. Any thoughts would be most welcome. Thanks!
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.