Taking on the flagship "Carbonio" title is no small task. Being the successor to the Carbonio 88 is an even bigger task (by 1 mm!). Luckily the Carbonio 89 turned it up a notch (by 1 mm!) and delivered. A limited-edition series built with the highest-quality materials from one of the most renowned names in backcountry skiing begs for attention. However, the understated carbon top sheet flies under the radar and lets the ski do the talking (and skiing). A reinforced alloy-tip provides a secure skin-attachment while 3D Tech shaping trims swing weight for a light and nimble ride. A full-length sidewall counteracts the chatter sometimes associated with full-carbon skis, making it a lightweight ski that isn't scared of high speeds or steep terrain. The lightly-rockered 3D tip helps enter a turn while the rounded tail helps release from a turn. All in all, the Carbonio 89 can do it all.
- Single radius turn-shape for predictable handling in a high-performance ski.
- Full-length sidewall increases edge hold and improves impact durability.
- Pin tails slide into a ski-carry loop for fast transitions and easy turning.
- Warning: the Carbonio ski may cause excessive happiness.*
* This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA.
|Lengths (cm)||165, 174, 182|
|Weight (pair)||2420g [174cm]
|Turn Radius||16m 
|Skin Fix||Metal tip notch, flat notched tail|
|Profile||Camber underfoot, rocker tip and tail|
|Construction||Full carbon with micro-sidewall|
|Core||Paulownia Speed Core|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Notes||3D Tip for easy turn initiation|
|Bottom Line||Dynafit's limited-edition flagship.|
|Compare to other Mid-fat Skis|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.