If there’s any company that can claim skimo as its genetic material, it’s Dynafit. This jacket is aptly named for an audience whose speediness is only matched by their love of microscopic bindings and gel snacks. Waterwicking polyamide (aka nylon) and ventilated spandex come together in blessed union on this jacket, making it intrinsically comfy and breathable. However, it’s a winter sport, after all, so Polartec® Alpha® Direct insulation supplements warmth while remaining water repellent, wind resistant and airy. Of course, reflective accents are a must, as is a magnetic zipper intended to stay, well, zipped. Light yet warm, breathable yet weather resistant, this jacket makes an excellent standalone layer for colder skimo races or long days of continuous movement with variable conditions. Make like ribonucleic acid and replicate Dynafit’s blueprint for success with the DNA jacket.
- Spandex/nylon/polyester blend with stretch inserts falls comfortably on your torso.
- Micro perforations let off steam.
- Chest pocket holds goodies for easy access while inner mesh pockets are a great home for race skins.
- Polartec® Alpha® Direct insulation boosts warmth without threatening to cook the wearer on race day.
- Thumb holes and magnetic zipper keep your jacket in place for maximum cofmort.
- 'DYNAFIT' sleeve logo looks mighty sharp.
|Hood||Tight fit hood|
|Pockets||Chest pocket, inner mesh pockets|
|Cuffs||Thumb holes with elastic|
||Polyamide, polyester, elastane|
|Insulation||Polartec® Alpha® Direct|
|Lining||Polartec Powergrid fleece|
|Skimo Co Says|
|Usage||Skimo and backcountry skiing in variable conditions|
|Notes||Internal skin pockets, one external zippered pocket with an internal smartphone pouch, magnetic zipper stop on main zipper|
|Bottom Line||Breathable, temperature regulating jacket for training or high output touring|
|Compare to other Men's Touring Jackets|
Questions & Reviews
Earn store credit by writing reviews. Learn more.